Leg cramps are familiar to all of us and especially the night cramps. They are not painful but disturb your sleep. And this impairs the overall health.
So now you wonder, why does it happen at night? Due to lack of workouts during the day.
Also, little fluids and blood flow of the legs are reasons too. Pain and cramps in the leg last a few seconds to a few minutes. In worse cases, this can even continue to a few days. Sufferers of such cramps are older than 50, but young people complain too. This affects the calves, but also feet and thighs too. With some tricks and tips, you will overcome it.
WHAT TO DO?
- More magnesium- this supplement relaxes you and experts claim it is the best mineral there is for cramps in legs. So, eat magnesium foods: dark greens, veggies, pumpkin seed, yoghurt, dates, dark chocolate and bananas. This is not enough though. You also can get magnesium oil. Just rub a bit on the legs before sleeping and that is it for the night.
HOW TO MAKE THIS OIL?
YOU NEED THIS:
- ½ cup magnesium chloride flakes
- ½ cup distilled water
It is simple. Wait for the water to boil and put the flakes while stirring. After all is dissolved, remove from heat and let cool off. Put in spray bottle and use.
BUT, HOW TO USE?
Just spray 5-10 sprays on each leg before sleeping.
- More vitamin D- eat healthy and drink healthy. But you still have problems even after this? Doctors say this is because of vitamin D deficit. But why this happens? The vitamin D has a big role in calcium absorbing from every food. Lack of D, means calcium cannot be absorbed. The calcium is electrolyte and balances body fluids. The best way for vitamin D ingestion is exposure to sun. but if your place has little sun, eat mushrooms and seafood and take a supplement.
- Do stretches- prevent cramps when you stretch. Simple techniques help with this. There is better blood flow that brings more oxygen and nutrients to cells. Also, the easiest way to do this is with a ledge and resting a ball of the foot while the heel is on the floor. Then shift the weight on the ledge like pressing pedal on a car. Keep like that for 2 seconds and rest 10. You feel a good stretch burn. Repeat it 6-8 times per foot. This relaxes the calves and remember the ledge must not be too high from the ground since it means extra pressure. Or do a ledge with piled up books.
- Imbalance in electrolytes- having water enough, prevents cramps and tremors. If this still doesn’t help, you have electrolyte imbalance and you must try a simple DIY recipe. It Is an electrolyte drink, easy to make and sip. Just follow below;
ELECTROLYTE DRINK RECIPE:
Just mix 1 quart water, 6 tsp sugar, and ½ tsp unionized salt and for extra pleasing the buds, replace sugar with honey and reduce salt by 1/2. Add lemon juice and 2 limes in the mix and drink on daily basis.
HOW TO ACHIEVE QUICK RELIEF FROM CRAMPS?
For those with night cramps, here are some advise:
- Extend the cramping leg and flex ankles. Toes must point up and in the knee direction. Tug the feet and stretch.
- If you are able, get up and walk with slow pace. It triggers better blood flow.
- Lastly, massage calves in circles and be relieved.
MORE TIPS AND TRICKS. THESE 15 OF THEM WILL HELP YOU A LOT:
- Green leaf veggies
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt
- Sardines and salmon
- Greek yogurt