This is ingredient found in every kitchen cupboard and can do a lot of wonders for your hair, skin and as well body.
Moreover it is inexpensive; multitasking item-her highness – baking soda! That is sodium bicarbonate, which is natural crystalline substance, but often appears as fine powder.
It has anti-fungal, antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, effectively combating everything – colds to oral problems and skin issues, used for short periods. Still excessive use damages skin and hair, and test should be done to determine skin sensitivity.
Here are 8 benefits:
- Fights against Acne and Pimples
Baking soda do work easily to get rid of acne or pimples. Its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties help treat cause and reduce them. Also balances skin’s pH- it reduces the occurrence of skin breakouts.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda in some water and make a paste.
- Apply it now on affected skin and let it stay for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Rinse it with cold water after.
- Repeat once daily, 2 or 3 days in row, then reduce to 1 or 2 times a week.
- Brightens Yellow Teeth
Baking soda makes your pearly whites shine, cause it works as a mild abrasive and remove yellow stains from teeth. It also helps remove plaque by neutralizing acids which are produced by the bacteria.
- Simply put some baking soda on toothbrush along with regular toothpaste and brush teeth about 2 minutes. Do it once daily few days in row.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a homemade teeth whitener – 4 tablespoons of turmeric root powder plus 2 teaspoons of baking soda and also 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil. Mix them all. Small amount of this paste is enough to brush your teeth once daily few days in row.
Important note: excess use of baking soda can strip teeth of its natural, protective enamel.
- Relieves Sunburn and also Sunburn Blisters
Always keep a box of baking soda handy cause due to its alkaline nature, has a soothing effect on sunburned skin, and that helps relieve itching and burn sensations. Baking soda has mild antiseptic and drying properties that dry out sunburn blisters very quickly.
- put 1 to 2 tablespoons of baking soda in cold water and soak a clean washcloth, wring out excess water and apply it as a cool compress 5 to 10 minutes. Do this 2 or 3 times a day until you feel relief.
- Pour ½ cup of baking soda in bathtub filled with water. Stir well , then soak yourself in it 10 to 15 minutes and do its once daily for a few days.
- Improves Skin Complexion
Major problem for many is uneven skin tone. For a brighter and even skin tone we offer baking soda – an easy and inexpensive solution and is a good exfoliating agent which helps removing dead cells. It balances pH level of skin – very important to maintain even and clear skin.
- Mixing 1 to 2 teaspoons of baking soda plenty of filtered water or rose water and make a paste and apply paste on your face, let it stay 1 minute, and then gently rub off using only finger tips. At the end wash with lukewarm water and pat dry just to reveal brighter skin. Use this remedy 1 or 2 times a week. Always moisturize your skin after using baking soda.
- Also you can mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice along 4 or 5 drops of extra-virgin olive oil. Leave this paste on face for 5 minutes, and then rinse with cold water. Do this 2 or 3 times a week.
- Treats Stained or Yellow Nails
Stained are unsightly, and baking soda can whiten them. Its bleaching and exfoliating properties is great to remove stains.
- ½ cup of water, 1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide and 1 tablespoon of baking soda mix in small bowl, until soda dissolves. Dip nails into 2 to 3 minutes. Then repeat once every two weeks.
- Alternative to this is: mix 2½ tablespoons baking soda and 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide and make With cotton swab apply on nails. Wait 2 minutes before rinsing them with warm water. Do this once every 2 months.
- Treats Body Odor
Baking soda is best natural deodorizers , help treat mild to severe body odor, absorbs moisture and also sweat from skin. Being antibacterial agent kills bacteria that rise to body odor.
- Mix ⅛ teaspoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of water and also few drops of any essential oil then use cotton ball to rub on your underarms or any area where sweat excessively
- Alternatively to this is- mix equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch, then dust this powder onto dry underarms to prevent sweating and prevents bad odor.
- Treats Smelly and Oily Hair
Smelly hair as very embarrassing problem is typical for people with oily hair, and it picks up environmental pollutants and strong smells also more readily.
Baking soda fix this problem -helps reduce oiliness and also neutralizes odors. Moreover, its alkaline nature balances pH level of scalp to keep it clean and healthy.
- 1 part baking soda mixed with 3 parts water, then apply on damp hair. Wait 5 minutes and rinse your hair. Should be repeated once or twice a month.
- Alternatively, should add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to regular shampoo bottle, so use it to wash hair 1 or 2 times a week.
- use baking soda as dry shampoo. Mix well equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch, then sprinkle a small amount on roots of your hair and then tousle hair around. Brush with a good quality brush and feel the impression of the result.
- Removes Dandruff
Dandruff is very difficult to get rid of. Winter months are especially hard, but not impossible. Baking soda helps banish those annoying white flakes on scalp and also hair. It clarifies scalp and helps clear it off flakes. Baking soda is alkaline; helps bring the pH balance of scalp to a healthy equilibrium.
- Rub one tablespoon of baking soda on wet hair and scalp. Wait a minute, and rinse it out thoroughly with water. Recommended to do once a week only.
Alternatively you can mix freshly squeezed 1 lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Applying it on scalp, allow to stay 2 to 3 minutes and then need to be rinsed off with water. Do this once a week only to keep scalp free from dandruff.
The content of this article, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual (person). Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.